Thursday, July 27, 2017

My daily ordeal!

I hop a cab, a metro and an auto,
On my lucky days, I take the non-AC bus.
With music piercing through my player’s soul,
I manage to fight the daily Delhi-Gurgaon rush.

I somehow reach the deaf school,
Hoping I’m late, skipping the dull assembly.
I peep into classes, there is an endless yawn,
And the mannequins on the chair are rather unfriendly.

Teach us, teach us, every single face screams,
But, you see! Nobody gives a damn!
I quickly find a class with no teacher, and hungry brains,
And pour it all out, all that I possibly can.

But it’s not enough, and it’s not fair,
I can’t watch this horror in silence.
Why is incompetence paid so well?
Why has there been no defiance?

And then they explain - We can’t even write a sentence,
How would we ever complain?
Plus we need to cheat and pass in exams,
Without these mannequins, we can’t really sustain!

The damage is massive,
I am insane to think, I can heal,
These curious minds lying dormant for years,
Tormented by copying without comprehending - their daily ordeal.

No comments: