Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Living inside a...





"When I am in my painting, I'm not aware of what I'm doing. It is only after a sort of 'get acquainted' period that I see what I have been about. I have no fear of making changes, destroying the image, etc., because the painting has a life of its own. I try to let it come through. It is only when I lose contact with the painting that the result is a mess. Otherwise there is pure harmony, an easy give and take, and the painting comes out well..."
-Jackson Pollock(1912-1956)(Jack, the Dripper)

He painted with his body...moved around the canvas as if dancing...he was all about flinging, dripping, pouring, spattering...physicist argue, his work displays property of mathematical fractal...was an alcohlic and died in a car crash...In November 2006 Pollock's "No. 5, 1948" became the world's most expensive painting, when it was auctioned to an undisclosed bidder for the sum of $140,000,000...In 2000, a biographical film "Pollock" won actress Marcia best supporting actress Academy Award...an influential abstract American painter-Jackson Pollock...

No comments: