Monday, August 30, 2010

Goa Diary: 24th Aug

Bewildering day.. should be recollected in points:

-          Got up with an uneasy feeling with a constant tuck tuck from the upper side of the bungalow. On my very last day, it scared the shit out of me; didn’t have the heart to check so stayed in bed with scissors. Another uneasy thought, this one about someone's eccentricities; was almost like somebody pulled me by the hand and kept pulling me through all the fields, the rocks, the water, the thorns without me getting a good look at them, as he was busy explaining his episodes with women and life. Nice but scary man.
-          Packed once more, puzzle pieces on the floor. 2000 of them.
-          An hour to locate HDFC ATM at Vasco, but the good part was that I met Joeaquim. My how to get my luggage to Margaon puzzle solved right at that moment. He is quite like an angel; first saving me from a disc fiasco on our first meet and again today. Felt kind of weird, that I can't really help him back.
-          No feelings registered while leaving the bungalow.
-          And first kicker, spoils the whole peace structure of my mind. As if, she hasn’t made it difficult enough for me by making me doubt myself for a small mistake, she calls and speaks like I’m some criminal, not to be trusted. It would have been better if instead of the guest house treatment and over-hospitality of bungalow and all, she would have just talked to me, tried to even know what I was like. Never mind, I think she did the best possible thing for me, by letting me go.
-          Felt even weirder as Jokhim was there when my conversation on.
-          Second kicker, the PG that I’m staying. A female, Iona, with three kids, husband cheated with a girl she only brought. She even got her the nursing job, then the beauty parlour job, only to find out that she was pregnant with her husband’s child. Very interesting female, full of life and care.
-          Third kicker, I’m dropped by Iona at the back side of the mosque(it’s a landmark so that I can reach Jan Ugahi’s office) and I take it as another mosque. I take a full round around Margaon market area, just to reach back at the same Mosque. And the unceasing rain throughout the day didn’t make it any simpler.
-          Fourth one. I’m there listening to all the information about Childline and other projects at Jan Ugahi; One of the coordinators, Fatima asks me to come to the court with her tomorrow, and she’s giving the details of the cases. Child abuse at ages as low as three. Sisters abused by their own father, one got pregnant and he still continued to abuse. I almost died for a second.
-          The kids in the new PG are really nice; one is a book-maniac, one is a bag-maniac, the youngest is just a maniac!
-          Unpacked, and exhausted. Need to call PJ now.

No comments: