Monday, May 16, 2011

dolce far neinte!

The sweetness of doing 'nothing'..Italians call it " Il dolce far niente"

That is the phrase that constantly rings in my head, ever since I learnt it from the 'disappointing' movie 'Eat Pray Sleep'..
It rings whenever I see Julie or Shilpi or Shersingh or even Tipsy, the familiar dogs, lazying around as if there is nothing that cannot wait.. whenever I see the friends in my colony religiously meeting in the evening for a drag here, for a game there, but more so for the charming banter of utter uselessness.. whenever I think of the kids at Ummeed spending light years playing marbles and gilli danda.. whenever I remember Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur and the endless conversations mixed with coffees and cigarettes there.. or those long bus rides in Goa, where my mind was the always out of the window.. or the college days, where I actually got addicted to this sweetness.. not to my surprise, though!

So now it's that time again, yet another farewell.. yet another rusty cupboard of memories fixed in the heart.. yet another stretch of absolute nothing to do for a month and half, till I get selected in the Helen Keller Instt... yet another overdose of 'dolce far neinte'!

1 comment:

MAD said...

Read through the posts after a while...it was refreshing to say the least.
and whats with the Helen Keller institute ?